Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day and our summer of FUN continues....

Since I last posted, Kieran and I have been busy with our continued efforts to be "outside doing something in Chicago," as well as a trip to Galesburg this past weekend.

Last weekend, we went to the Old Town Art Fair...I only have a couple of pics which I haven't downloaded yet (surprise, surprise). It was great weather and we went with some of my friends from work. Obviously we ended the evening at Galway Bay. Out til 5 am doesn't suit me anymore....

Last week, I had a jury trial and I won! It was awesome, I rarely win (and I rarely should win if I can be so honest) but this was one of those situations where I was really hoping to gold medal. It was my first litigation in my new courtroom and I felt like I had to prove myself. Anyway, it was the reason why I was MIA last week.

This past weekend, we went to Galesburg for Annelise's 8th (gasp, gasp!) birthday party. I had my camera with me, but I didn't even unpack it. I had too much other drama going on and I totally forgot that I had it. Saw my dad - gave him some golfballs and comfy pants for Father's Day - and even managed to get a run in with Nicole. Happy to see my family!

Dropped the car off this morning to be repaired and they gave me a rental car. Of course, I am driving a Chevy Impala - the kind of car I HATE the most! All I need is some Blu-Blocker shades and I will look like an undercover police officer. Ugh! Hopefully the Camry will be repaired soon and I can have my baby back.

Another jury this week and probably some upcoming weekend debauchery....I will make sure I get some incriminating photos! :)

No comments: