Monday, June 2, 2008

Screw You, Target! (My Bridesmaid Dress Fit Fine, Thank You!)*

*Probably more appropriately titled, "Becky's Wedding," but since I am the blog author, I choose blog titles. :)
Anyway, last Saturday night was my BFF Becky's wedding. It was at the Westin Hotel in Wheeling, Illinois. She looked beautiful and we had a fun time catching up with college friends, Becky's family, my family, and dancing the night away. My matron of honor speech was much better than the maid of honor speech I gave at my sister's wedding, but that could be because I was more prepared and less intoxicated. But who knows. I cried like a baby all the way through Nicole's wedding and only shed a couple tears at the end of my speech at Becky & Mitch's wedding. I guess you can say I've matured. HA!
Becky and Mitch after the ceremony. Kieran took the picture - the rabbi wouldn't allow flash photography during the ceremony so I think this was as good as it was gonna get, but he did a good job capturing them, I think!
Missy Klimek, Tanya Kopke, me (fitting into my dress - see what a little last minute starvation will do for you - ha! just kidding!), and Heather
Tari, MOM, and me doing the "rump shaker" with Sam looking very pimp-like in the background. Yes, that is my mother in the middle.

These are some girls from my sorority (Sigma Kappa -shout out!): Tari Tweddale (Weicherding), Beth Durkin, Sara P. (can't spell her married last name, used to be Graves), Becky, Jenny King (McNinch), me and Heather Minks (Malcolm)
Jason and Ashley (she's also a sorority sister, but from SIU)
Becky and dad dancing.....
Jason and Kieran looking very fly..........
Husband and me.....and my fake eyelashes.......and my very high updo......retro-glam?
Becky and Mitch - before the ceremony - when Mitch first saw Becky - he was crying. It was sweet.

Bonnie and Dad.....
Some more ceremony shots....not real clear because Rabbi Weissberg said "NO!"
Becky in the chair....
It's a family wedding!!! Dad, Bonnie, Dad, Beck, me, Mom, and Jason
me, Christine and Becky just after Becky got dressed.
Very fun night -- no scandals, no problems, all very lovely! Jason did need a security escort back to his room because he gave Ashley his only room key and she did not wake up when he was knocking on the door. He didn't have his picture ID (driver's license) because he got a speeding ticket on the way to the wedding earlier that day! Becky and Mitch left today for Puerto Vallarta until Sunday.

1 comment:

Nic said...

Sis, You were HOT! Congrats Becky!